Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thinspiration thursday

Posted by Lena Nunn at 8:16 AM

I've decided to add something new to my blog on Thursdays. It will be called Thinspiration Thursday . This picture sadly is of me. Im smiling but really im not happy ( how could I be with those arms?!?)

So I have decided to start working on my weight and posting it on here ( wouldnt you lose weight if 155 people where reading your weight?) Am I going on a fad diet? NO! Ive decided the only way I can do this is if I make lifestyle changes and better choices. I will eat what I want but only the recommended portion.

Its also time to excercise. My dad got me the Biggest Loser workout video for valentines day ( because I wanted it) and how many times has it been used? Once ( and that was by Tony). So Each week I will post my weight and a pic ( no matter how unflattering it may be). Ill also write about any thing Ive come across on my journey. Wish Me luck!

Why I want to lose weight:

1) So I can make it to see my step kids grow older and have families.

2) I have migraines ( bad ones) and Im starting to wonder if they are weight/ diet related

3) Im going to be 30 (gulp) in December and im always saying "someday when im thin" ( I know alot of you have probably said that too) but whens someday? Im thinking it should be now!!

4) I wanna look good in a tank top

5) Because I want to spend my life with my fiance and at this rate Ill probably have a massive heart attack by 40.

And the scary:

Todays Weight : 226

p.s. Id love to hear your Thinspiration stories if you have them

Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

10 comments:

Emily Ann said...

Lena,
I am so proud of you for doing this! Mybe this will kick my ass back into gear on my blog, and my THINspiration journey of my walking. I will kick your ass if you dont keep it up with this blog. Youve got a positive support team and we will get you through all of it! :)

helloholley said...

Wow....you got me totally inspired!!!! Go for it....I'll be your #1 Cheerleader....whoo-hoo!!! I'll encourage you if you'll help me too!!! I'm now following you from SC!!! Please email anytime....I've been totally thinking of doing this same thing....but I'm not brave enough to post a full pic of me yet,LOL!!! I think it would just depress me further,LOL!!! Many Blessings,
Holley
holleysullivan(dot)yahoo(dot)com

...Darlene said...

What a great way to help yourself be accountable for your lifestyle change. Portions we eat are so out of control and I know when you cut it down you do lose and it comes off slow so it is easier to keep it off. Wishing you all the best.

Mary Cavalier said...

Good for you! (I'm watching) I got fed up with my weight a couple years ago when looking at our vacation pictures. Lost almost 40 lbs and was within 5 lbs of my goal using WW online. Never hit it though and have gained back almost 20 pounds. I know how hard it is - but just like anything else you have to just take one day at a time.
I am seriously ready to lose those 25 lbs that I need to get rid of - not sure I am brave enough to post my weight on my blog though :-)
You can do it!

Lori Burkitt said...

Wow! I just want to say, "You CAN do IT!". You already have the mindset for it! I lost a total of 35 lbs. over 2 1/2 yrs. ago and I've somehow managed to keep it off. It isn't easy and like you said, it is a lifestyle change you have to be willing to make. I keep a food diary every day except weekends and exercise at least 3 times a week. I wish you only the best of luck! You may be losing weight, but in the end you'll have gained so much - health, confidence, etc.

Lori

Lori said...

Wahooo Lena! You GO girl! You can do this and I will also join you in your Thinspiration Challenge - I need to lose about 80 lbs so I'm game! :) I am following you now (from Stampin' Connection) so keep in touch!! You CAN do this!!!

Jammie said...

Pal, I'm so proud of you for doing this. It is time! I'm happy for you that you can get this going and to see all of your support on her.. I too will be cheeringyou on... and you can lean on me when things get hard.... I love you Pal, and with every lb you lose, you are gaining days, weeks, months, even years on your life!!! That's inspiration enough.... I'm with you.... 100%!!!!

Suzie, the Paper Craft Lady said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
I'm on the same journey. Just got to the point where I am full alot sooner thanks to eating smaller portions and having some really yummy good-for-me snack options. Good luck!

(I'm a new Stampin' Connection follower)
Suzie :)
http://papercraftlady.blogspot.com/

Suzie, the Paper Craft Lady said...

Wanted to add, sign up for "Hungry Girl"'s newsletter! http://www.hungry-girl.com/

cboyachek said...

Hi Lena, I'm following you from SC now (I'm at www.stampinallaround.blogspot.com)! Hope to see you succeed with your weight goals! That is a great idea with the accountability and the photo posting - you're brave! I'm just starting to struggle with my body image, I'm only 23, but in the past few months I've noticed a few years have caught up to me (i.e. University, college, buying a new house & eating really badly)...I've gone up in pants sizes and if that's not disheartening enough, I found stretch marks on my sides yesterday - geez I almost wish I was pregnant so I could have that as an excuse lol. The point is, it's been a wake up call. Besides a gym membership, I've also started this online tracking thing that I'm finding helpful. it's called dailyburn.com. You have to enter everything you eat, how many glasses of water you drink...it keeps track of your daily calories. You put in your weight & goal weight & it tracks that too. You put in your exercises and it tracks those! I find I don't really want to eat 5 Oreos at midnight if I have to logon the computer and post them lol. That's just me (I'm a math girl, I love to see those numbers), but give it a try - it might help! In the meantime, please know that you have lots of support out there! Even if it's just in cyberspace! Love, Charlene

 

Cards By Lena Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review