Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My house is being bombed!

Posted by Lena Nunn at 8:16 AM
The other day I was taking dishes out of sink so I could start washing them when I saw something run across the bottom of the sink. I thought maybe we had a mouse in the house so I took out all dishes and found what I had seen. Oh NO! It wasnt a mouse at all but a brown recluse spider!!! They used to say they had none in northern California but they are becoming more and more popular. I took it down to the ag department in town to confirm. Yep Brown Recluse. For those of you who know me , know that I am allergic to insect bites ( all of them ) . Mosquitos dont hurt me much but spiders are a different story. So If you live in California beware ...This is what the ugly thing looked like
So tonight my house is being bombed for insects!!

4 comments:

-- said...

OMG!!! I have the heebies just looking at the thing and it's not alive in my house... YUCK!!! I don't know if I'd stop with bombing the house... I may just move...

Kath said...

I HATE spidars! Good luck with the bombing.

Anonymous said...

Can you see the little fiddle on its back? That's how you know it's a brown recluse. However, if you smash them really good when you are killing them, it's kinda hard to see that little detail! We have a lot of those here in Kansas, so I don't check first. I kill first, check later!

Anonymous said...

I have been bit by one of those while working in my flower bed. I live in WA

 

Cards By Lena Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review